The card slot on my computer is not working, so I can’t upload the rest of my pictures I wanted to share from the Auburn v. Georgia game that we went to this past weekend! D3 had a ball and loved the cotton candy, if you can’t tell from my previous post!
It’s hard to believe, but Thanksgiving is next week-so, I wanted to post a couple of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes!
Mawmaw’s Cornbread Dressing
- Cream of celery coup
- Cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ tbsp. sage
- 1 can chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cake of cornbread
- Crumble cornbread into fine piece in a medium bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir
- Place in casserole dish
- Cook on 350 degrees for 45 minutes
And I’m pretty sure my husband’s favorite thing that I make:
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 deep-dish pastry crust- 9 inch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 cups thinly slice, peeled apples (2 different kinds)
- 1 recipe crumb topping (below)
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
Ingredients for Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter
Directions for Crumb Topping:
- Stir together brown sugar, flour, rolled oats
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter until topping is like course crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt
- Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
- Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell
- Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture
- Place pie on a cookie sheet so the drippings don’t drop into your oven.
- Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and put back in for another25-30 minutes without foil
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle pie with chopped pecans then drizzle with caramel on top.
Yum! These are always the 2 favorite things I look forward to at Thanksgiving.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving foods?