I made two yummy recipes last weekend… and made this salsa again today too! Thought I would share. The salsa is super easy… the blueberry muffins not as easy.
I got the salsa recipe from Kelly’s Korner. It was super yummy!
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos diced
1/4 cup diced onion
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime
1. In food processor place jalapenos and onion and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, cumin,cilantro and lime juice.
3. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
4. Place in covered container and chill.
I got the Blueberry muffin recipe from allrecipes. They were awesome and totally not good for you. 🙂
To Die For Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
*pics from google images.