A couple of weeks ago I made a list of some major stuff that we have coming up. I’ve been able to cross some things off of the list, but I’ve also had to add some.
- Next week (or even the end of this week) we should find out where we are moving. Dan is graduating, so he will be reappointed to another church.
- Easter festivities- egg hunt and service.
- Dan preaches the Chapel service at Candler (Emory University). I’m quite proud of him. J
- Dan graduates. Yeah! Again, quite proud.
- Dan and I go on our celebratory cruise! So excited about this!!
- Lots of cleaning and packing and then moving in the summer.
- Somewhere in there I have to try and find a new job!
- Find a house.
- Buy a house, which will include a huge list of to-dos!
Easter has come and gone. We didn’t make to either of D3’s Easter egg hunts. He had the stomach bug for a week after B had it. It was an icky 2 weeks around here! I think everyone is better now, though.
We found out where we are moving… about 20 minutes down the road. We were super shocked. We expected a longer distance move, but are excited to move to the town where I work- so I got to scratch ‘find a new job’ off of my list. No interviews- yay! Dan received a really nice appointment as a senior pastor. So, now we have to find a house. We were considering renting, but with the interest rate being so low (and the fact that we haven’t bought in 5 years, so would qualify as new home owners) I think we have decided to buy. So, that has added a few items to my to-do list. 😉
And yesterday Dan preached the Chapel service at Candler (Emory University). Six students are asked to preach each year and Dan was one of them. His parents and I went with him yesterday and my mom was sweet enough to stay with the kids. We had to get up super early to make the drive to Atlanta. Good ole’ Atlanta traffic.
Finishing touches being made on the sermon while sitting in traffic.
Dan did an awesome job with his sermon. He seemed very relaxed up there in front of students and professors. I’m being a total bragging wife, but I’m proud. J
Now I’m off to try and not be stressed about moving, but to be excited and steadily move forward. So much easier said than done!